2007-04-26

Training

*sigh* Today I'm supposed to be on holiday. But then it's working day for my company. So sad that as a Terengganu boy, I can't have a holiday on the King Coronation Day.

Anyhow, today I went for a training at Menara Olympia. The training is about Principles of Business Improvements. It talks about the proven methodology to properly lay out your improve plans. It's a one whole day training. It's kinda fun training. Lots of hands on.

Get to meet all sorts of people from different working environment. Some I don't like, some can work with, and some can't. Some just keep on talking crap but not contributing to the whole discussion (not the facilitators of course). It's weird that there are this kind people at this age but still think like kindergarten kid. (Maybe it's just my ego, I don't like to waste my time having a meeting that's not fruitful). Some just flow along, some still blur blur don't know what the discussion is all about and just basically repeating what have been just said and some just come for the sake of coming.

In the end, I need to step in taking over the leadership role and get the group at the very least come out with something valid and useful. If not, the whole group will not go anywhere. Managing a group of people is not easy, especially there are people who don't willing to learn and stubborn and arrogant.

Anyhow, enough said. The lunch provided is good :-). Forgot to take a pic on the food. The facilitators are good, very helpful throughout the sessions. Lots of hands on during the training for us to get a better understanding on the theories.

Speaking on training, I think the education system in Malaysia definitely have to change. Currently, our education system is more like a "knowledge based" system, in which a person with very good memories will surely excel in their exams and studies. However, how many of them really understand the theory behind their lessons, or the application of it, how to apply the knowledge and etc. I'm not surprised that lots of university graduates nowadays facing difficulties to find jobs because they lack of substance although they score good grades. IMHO, just stressing on the knowledge is not enough. You need to have something extra which is not taught from books, for example : critical and creative thinking, social skills, extra skills, communication skills and etc if you really want to survive in the working world.

If I'd really want to comment, I'd say Malaysian education system is a failure. You can say that there are outstanding peoples out there but I'd like to counter your claim by asking "What's the ratio between these outstanding people to the other graduates? Is it 1 to 1? Is it 1 in a 1000? or 1 in a million? Think about it.


2 pics for the day.... :)


A view of KL Tower from the training room.



My student workbook

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...