2011-09-05

I was a bit shocked when I got to know I won the Best Guitarist Award for the Battle of The Band - Passport To Fame 2011 competition. Frankly, I didn’t expect to win at all because there are a few more good players out there in the competition. I was expecting another David from the band “Got A Match” to win. Perhaps the judges have some different expectations.

I want to thank God for the talent and the opportunity that He has given me and also bringing in all the people to help me nurture my skills. I want to thank my guitar mentor – Jose Thomas for all the lesson and guidance and also shaping the way I look about music, guitar and God.

I also want to thank my parents for not stopping me to learn guitar when I was still a secondary school boy and didn’t scold me when I took the PTPTN loan money to buy my first electric guitar during my 1st year in university. My dad bought me a Yamaha acoustic when I was in Form 2 and I still keep it till now.

… My first electric guitar. I still play it now …

Also want to thank En Ismail Ahmed who first opened my eyes on Jazz music when I was still pursuing my degree in UKM. He gave me the opportunity to learn and perform at RTM.

A big thanks to my band members also for keeping up the environment for us to keep on discovering and learning. Although we are not a professionally trained musicians, but sooner or later we’ll grow.. in due time… LOL

I want to thank the judges for choosing me as the prize winner for Best Guitarist Award.

Eler… macam menang Oscar je…

IMG_0026

7 Comments:

  1. TZ said...
    Dude, congratulation... keep up with the good job eh~
    ramdan said...
    artikel yang bagus kawan, semoga bermanfaat bagi yang baca.
    otam said...
    artikelnya oke gaan........??? mantaaaaappppp........
    kulit belang said...
    makasih sob telah berbagi, artikelnya keren
    ginjal bengkak said...
    makasih banyak atas infonya, sangat brmnfaat skali..
    luka diabetes said...
    sangat bermanfaat sekali gaan, makasih yaa :)
    migrain said...
    informasi yang oke sobat,,,,, (y)

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...