2008-02-28

Thinking back 6 years ago in the year 2002, I was still a freshie in UKM. Then a senior Louise Teo invited me to join New Tune and played for NTLP VI. And since then I'm attached to New Tune up till now.

In this period of 6 years (NTLP 6 to 11), I've seen lots of stuff in New Tune, met lots of people in New Tune, learnt a lot from New Tune and so on and so forth. So far I'm the longest performer in NTLP to date having playing for 6 NTLPs.

Just don't know why this year's NTLP doesn't give me any feel or satisfaction after the gig finished. Maybe is the numbness after been playing for the event for 6 years, or maybe there's nothing new anymore. Well, I think this is the last NTLP for me.

Still, this year I did a few new stuff, including an orchestral arrangement for a pop song featuring 6 keyboards with 3 handling the strings section, 2 handling the Oboe and Harp and 1 handling the piano parts. I also played a Blues improvisation on my Fender Strat for one of the ala Lounge Jazz arrangement. I also arranged an acoustical song with Choong How and I doing an acoustic duo featuring my old Ibanez acoustic which has been missing in action for 5 years.

However, for this year's NTLP was a bit boring to me because lack of Rock songs. A disappointment indeed because the songwriters are still not matured enough. Anyhow, it's over now.

I'd like to acknowledge and thank the following people for playing for my arrangement:

Musicians for SOMEONE:
Witter on Drums
Choong How on Bass
Me on Electric Guitar
Christine on Percussion
Kellyn on Piano
Hui Xin on "Cello"
Yun Xin on "Violas"
Grace on "Violin"
Kai Thien on "Oboe" and "Harp" and the 'act'
Jin Hua and Seen on Vocals.

Musicians for <幸福午后> :
Choong How and I on Acoustic Guitars
Kellyn, Yun Xin and Su Rong on Choruses
Kai Thien on Vocals.

I also would like to thank the following musicians that I've worked with on 《不哭》。
Kellyn on Drums
Christine on Piano
Choong How on Bass
Me on Electric Guitar
Kar Wei on Vocals
and Andrew on the ideas.

I also would like to thank the person who borrowed me his/her Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse and those who fetched me to practice all the way from Sentul Timur when Choong How was still in Jakarta.

Thank you to Ah Foo, Chris and Xiang Xi from UM who came to support us.

And lastly, those that I've offended, I'd like to apologise. The reason I being very demanding is because I can only practice during Sundays. So I want everyone and everything to be ready for practice. So I have to be demanding in order to have things in order. (Although, some didn't adhere to it). Still, I appreciate your effort and patience.

Enough said... the pics...
Before the show :

Thanks for Er Fen for taking this pic.




Left to Right : Choong How, Hong Lip and Me
(Picture courtesy of Hong Lip)


不哭:

Left to Right : Choong How, Kar Wei, Kellyn, Me
(Picture courtesy of Chris)

幸福午后

Left to Right : Kai Thien, Choong How Me
(Picture courtesy of Chris)

SOMEONE

Me on Ibanez RG
(Picture courtesy of Chris)

After Show :

Left to Right : Choong How, Chris (UM), Me
(Picture courtesy of Chris)


NTLP XI Performers
(Picture courtesy of Hong Lip)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...